Dental problems

Dental problem?


If you have a dental problem, including a dental abscess, you need to see your dentist. The surgery will not normally prescribe antibiotics or painkillers for dental problems. These should be obtained from your dentist.


For dental care/advice you can call the NHS 111 service (for more details of this service please click on the out-of-hours button. They can advise on NHS dentist availability and when/ where the next walk-in session will be held.


If you need urgent dental care after your dentist’s surgery has closed, or if you don’t have an NHS dentist, please contact the NHS 111 service.  They will advise on the soonest available appointment for urgent dental care.


Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website